Tuesday, August 10, 2010


Austin Christopher Rico
On Thursday, August 5, 2010 we were blessed with our 4th baby! At 5:22 pm, Austin Christopher Rico was born. A couple of weeks before, we had set an induction date with my doctor for Austin to be born on 8-9-10. Like all of my other children, I figured that I would have to be induced with this one as well. But being that we planned this baby to be our last, we thought it would be so fun to go on my own. We tried everything under the sun that people had told us would put me into labor. Nothing seemed to work. A week earlier, I had my doctor strip my membranes. I went home that day and did some weeding, took two walks, and anything else that might get me going... it didn't work. On Thursday, August 5, I got up and started getting myself ready for my last doctor's appointment. I was hoping that the doctor would try again as one last attempt to put me into labor. About 10 am that morning, I was sitting on the couch next to Tony as I felt as though I had peed my pants! I stood up real quick, trying not to make a mess on the couch! As I stood up, A LOT more "stuff" gushed out of me. I looked at Tony and said "Tony, my water just broke!" He yelled back, "Well go to the bathroom!" (Love the support!) After washing up, and taking care of the kids, we were off to the hospital. Tony said on the way to the hospital that this was way more exciting than being induced! We arrived just after 11 am. I love how they confirm that it was your water that actually broke! They asked me, "Are you sure it was your water?" My response was "Ah, yeah. I had no control over the gush that fell out of me!" They set us up and we were ready to go. Everything was great. After being there for about an hour and a half I got my epidural. I went from a 3, to a 6, to an 8, and then a 10. By 5 pm I was ready to go. It took the doctor a couple of minutes to get himself ready, and after only about 10 minutes of pushing, Austin was here. Austin weighed 8 lbs even, and was 20 in long. The day was perfect! We are so excited to have Austin in our home. He is so stinkin' cute! His big brother and sisters absolutely love him! Like all of my other kids, he had to lay under the lights for jaundice. I hate that.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Yah! So glad the day went just as you were hoping and then to come out of it with such a handsome little blessing. He is adorable. Can't wait to see him.

    ReplyDelete